We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing business and help shape our technology and engineering culture.
Qualtik is a small, but well-funded Fintech startup based in downtown Portland, OR. Our software platform helps banks, credit unions, investment funds, and servicers optimize their collateralized assets by providing real-time portfolio management, valuation and modeling, compliance reporting, and audit tools. We are on a mission to equip financial industry partners with data and tools that enable insights and empower decisions. Check us out at qualtik.com.
Our product was recently released to market and we are now focused on growing our customer base and expanding our product offerings. The app is built in Ruby on Rails with a Postgres database and deployed on Heroku. We use GitHub project boards for work item tracking and Heroku Flow for continuous delivery. Our engineering team is grounded in values of simplicity, transparency, collaboration, thoughtfulness, and experimentation.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who can help us drive new product and feature development, evolve our overall system architecture and design, and grow a healthy team. We offer competitive pay and benefits, equity in the company, a collaborative and supportive work environment, and the opportunity to influence the direction of a growing company.
If this opportunity sounds intriguing and you are interested in becoming a valued member of a great team, we’d love to hear from you.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Building and shipping new products and features
- Working with stakeholders to understand business requirements and objectives
- Exhibiting excellent code hygiene by writing clear, maintainable, and scalable code
- Demonstrating a quality mindset by writing and maintaining tests
- Performing code and design reviews
- Contributing to overall system architecture strategy and design
- Establishing and evangelizing engineering best practices
- Providing coaching and mentoring to other engineers as we grow our team
- Fostering collaboration and innovation across our organization
- Troubleshooting and debugging application issues
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- Mastery over computer science and OOP fundamentals
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with agile development practices
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid coaching and communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience with Heroku, Postgres, Git, and AWS
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Work experience related to Financial SaaS products
Qualtik is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.