We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup and make significant contributions toward the success of our business. We have a great team, a product in market, and a healthy sales funnel. Help us evolve our product, develop our team, and disrupt an industry.
Qualtik is a small, but well-funded Fintech startup. We are based out of Austin, TX, but do most of our engineering out of Portland, OR. Our software platform helps banks, credit unions, investment funds, and servicers optimize their commercial real estate assets by providing portfolio management, valuation and modeling, and reporting and analysis tools. We are on a mission to equip financial industry partners with data and tools that enable insights and empower decisions.
Our platform is built in Ruby on Rails, with some Angular on the front-end, and deployed out to Heroku. We are using Looker as an embedded analytics solution within our app. We have Heroku Flow set up for continuous delivery and GitHub project boards for work item tracking. Our engineering team is grounded in values of delivery, simplicity, collaboration, thoughtfulness, and experimentation.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who can help us drive new product and feature development, evolve our overall system architecture and design, and develop our engineering team and culture. We offer competitive pay and benefits, equity in the company, remote working options, a collaborative and supportive work environment, and the opportunity to influence the direction of a growing company.
Does this opportunity sound intriguing? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Building and shipping new products and features
- Working with stakeholders to understand business requirements and objectives
- Exhibiting excellent code hygiene by writing clear, maintainable, and scalable code
- Demonstrating a quality mindset by writing and maintaining tests
- Performing code and design reviews
- Contributing to overall system architecture strategy and design
- Establishing and evangelizing engineering best practices
- Providing coaching and mentoring to other engineers as we grow our team
- Exemplifying leadership on the engineering team
- Fostering collaboration and innovation across our organization
- Troubleshooting and debugging application issues
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- Mastery over computer science and OOP fundamentals
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with agile development practices
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Solid coaching and communication skills
- Small team experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Looker development experience
- Experience with Heroku, Postgres, Git, and AWS
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Work experience related to Financial SaaS products
Qualtik is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.