We are looking for a Director of Sales to join our team. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup and make significant contributions toward the success of our business. We have a great team, a product in market, and a healthy sales funnel. Help us evolve our product, develop our team, and disrupt an industry.
Qualtik is a small, but well-funded Fintech startup, based out of Austin, TX. Our software platform helps banks, credit unions, investment funds, and servicers optimize their commercial real estate assets by providing portfolio management, valuation and modeling, and reporting and analysis tools.
Qualtik has a strong slate of investors and an executive team that has successfully exited startups in the past. The successful candidate will earn equity in the company.
As a Sales Director at Qualtik, the successful candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is comfortable in the “Hunter” role. They will be responsible for pure acquisition of new accounts, targeting community banks, credit unions, CRE lenders and debt fund managers, as well as for accelerating the growth of our sales pipeline and increasing customer conversions. Primary duties include lead generation, pipeline, prospecting, and acquiring new business. They will be energetic, persuasive, well organized, and able to demonstrate the ability to sell and have a strong understanding of the financial services / CRE industry. They will need a solid network of contacts and a passion for sales and growing businesses.
- Generate new business opportunities with community banks and credit unions, primarily in the Central and Eastern time zones, through prospecting and networking.
- Own all aspects of the sale: lead generation, prospecting, building pipelines, generating new business opportunities, developing and presenting proposals, negotiating contracts, closing business, and introducing internal teams for account launch.
- Work closely with Qualtik’s marketing and product teams to refine sales materials.
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Understand and effectively communicate the company’s value prop and technology while demonstrating an understanding of SaaS and the banking industry.
- Generate and maintain opportunity, activity, and account information in Qualtik’s CRM and provide up-to-date and accurate sales funnel reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and facilitate introduction of Qualtik’s executive team during the sales process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Meet sales quotas.
- Attend and network at industry events in assigned regions.
- Serve as the primary onsite contact and responsible party for Qualtik’s tradeshow sponsorships as needed (offsite management and support is provided by the Qualtik marketing team).
- Work with the operations team to forecast new customer onboarding timelines.
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS sales in the banking industry, preferably with experience selling credit products
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance, or equivalent experience
- Experience selling to C-Level executives
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite and use of CRM tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Interested in technology
- Ability to represent Qualtik professionally in a variety of settings
- Ability to conduct web and in-person demos of Qualtik’s technology
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
Qualtik is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.